Monday 2 April 2012

Finally a bit of order!



Since January I have re located storage units and am embarking on clearing the last of the clothing and textiles from the shop… I anticipate that this may still take some time! The process of packing, freezing down and then unpacking at the other end is long but ultimately very rewarding when I find myself pulling out a fine sequined top or gorgeous ‘mother of the bride’ ensemble that I’ve never seen before- didn’t I put them in the bag?
 
It’s been a real boost doing various events during this process.  As well as clearing pockets of much needed space as I sell bits and pieces at markets, I have met some great people; general public and local designers and makers, many of whom have had visited Clifton Hill Antique Costume and Textiles in the past and are hotly anticipating it’s reopening.


So as I unpack the last of this week’s sacks and assemble the remaining rails, the welcome site of the floor means I can now get on with picking the stock for the weekend’s markets.  I am very excited to be taking part in the first of the Tobacco Factory’s monthly Retroville, it will be held the first Sunday of every month and show case a selection of local vintage sellers.  As I live just around the corner, this is a market I attend most weekends for a snack and a browse and I can’t wait to get involved.   The second event this Sunday is the ‘Marry Me In Somerset’ wedding fair that will be held in Yeovil’s Westland Leisure Complex, where I shall be showing a selection of wedding dresses, mother of the bride outfits, evening gowns and party costumes alongside some of my beautiful Babydoll/ Mad Men style nighties, dressing table sets and accessories.







2 comments:

  1. Very exciting stuff, lovely to see your hard work paying off. Look forward to seeing the stall at the Tobacco Factory at the next Retroville event.

    ReplyDelete